With Christmas looming right around the corner, it’s time to be going shopping and wrapping presents to put under the tree. Selecting stocking stuffers is especially fun as each item can be chosen in order to create a personalized collection of small items for a person based upon their interests. Filling a stocking can be especially exciting for your health-conscious friends as there is a wealth of items available to help them stay on top of their personal goals, even during the cold, winter months.
1. Pedometer-Walking and jogging are two of the most common favorite exercises that can be accomplished virtually anywhere. In order to encourage a person to keep up with their fitness goals, a pedometer can be placed in their stocking. This can enable them to track how long or how far they walk so that they can monitor their progress during each workout session.
2. Jump Rope – For health nuts who enjoy a high-calorie burn, a jump rope can be the perfect gift to stick in their stocking this season. Not only is a jump rope good for a person’s cardiovascular system, but it is also a low-maintenance way to get in a quick workout.
3. Organic Snacks – Instead of candy canes and chocolates, toss a few organic snacks into the stocking to indulge a health nut’s appetite. Traditional nuts and fruits are always a hit. Additionally, power bars and organic trail mixes can be a great way to fill up the stocking.
4. Athletic Socks – Everyone expects to find some socks under the tree at Christmas time. However, an athlete will appreciate a gift of socks in a way that no one else can. Having the right pair of athletic socks can make a difference in an athlete’s comfort and performance. Additionally, they easily fit into a stocking of any size and are great gifts for runners.
5. Workout DVD – In the middle of winter, it can be hard to find a comfortable way to work out as the outdoors tends to be full of snow and ice. For this reason, a workout DVD can be a great way to keep a health-conscious friend motivated during the winter season.
In addition to these stocking stuffer ideas, a healthy person will also enjoy gift cards for music, sunscreen and lip balm as these will always provide them with a more comfortable experience. When a person takes the time to select gifts that will reflect their loved one’s interests, then they will be certain to enjoy unwrapping the surprises that they find in their stocking this holiday season.
Trent writes about Utah Varicose Vein Treatment and other health topics. In his spare time he loves to hike new trails and snowboard.