For many people, one of the best parts of waking up on Christmas morning is seeing their overflowing stocking hanging from the fireplace mantle. These traditional bags of extra Christmas goodies can be filled with virtually anything. You can even use them to deliver larger presents. Who wouldn’t like to get to the bottom of their stocking and find keys to a new car or the mouse to a new gaming computer? However, part of the allure of stockings is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money stuffing them. Here are some of the most popular inexpensive stocking stuffers.
Something for Everyone
If you’re filling a stocking for a new friend, special guest or co-worker, it might be hard to figure out what they’d like. Fortunately, with just a general idea of their tastes, you can give some great gifts.
- Subscription to a magazine or online music store
- Gift cards
- Specialty snacks, candies and gourmet chocolates
- Lottery tickets
- Novels or puzzle books
- Specialty personal care items or scented candles
- DVDs, CDs or video games
For the Hobbyist
Most people have a hobby of some sort. There are many excellent small gifts for the outdoorsman, animal lover, health aficionado or wine connoisseur. Best of all, they’re inexpensive and widely available.
- Bookmarks or book light
- Unusual plant seeds
- Golf balls, tees or club cozies
- Corkscrews, small bottles of artisan wines or cheese samplers
- Gourmet fruit and nut mixes, pedometers, sweatbands or raw honeys
- Kitchen gadgets, recipe books, novelty aprons or quality knives
- Hunting knives, fishing lures and specialty baits
- Mugs, t-shirts or 2013 calendars featuring favorite animals, stylish pet collars, animal joke books
For That Special Someone
Whether it’s your wife, girlfriend, husband or boyfriend, they deserve something special for Christmas. Here are some great stocking stuffers they’ll love.
- Nail polish, specialty makeup and hair accessories
- Scented bath beads or hand-made soaps
- Gift certificate to a salon or day spa
- Costume jewelry
- Favorite perfume or cologne
- New wallet or watch
- Concert or sporting event tickets
For the Kids
Kids are easy to buy for because they’ll enjoy almost anything you give them. Besides chocolate and candy, there are many excellent small gifts for kids of all ages.
- Toy cars, dolls or action figures
- Colored pencils, crayons and coloring books
- Hand-held electronic games
- Stickers, bubbles or activity books
- Lip glosses and bubble bath